A logo is a design or symbol used to represent a company. It is the identity of the company.
What are the characteristics of a logo?
- A logo can be on its own or supported by a slogan
- A logo should be simple and clear
- A logo should be easy to recognize
- A logo should be unique to stand out
- A logo should speak the brand
- A logo is nothing haphazard: a logo should have an interesting story behind
Some examples of famous logo are:
So is a logo similar to a brand?
No. A logo is not a brand. A logo is a visual element which represents your brand while a brand concerns the image or emotional attachment its audience/ the public at large has about that service/product. Put simply,
“Your brand is what people say about you when you’re not in the room.” Jeff Bezos
Does a logo have an expiry date?
Yes it does. Often to come out of a stagnant situation, companies try to rejuvenate their brand or just to remind people ‘Hey! We are still here, ever faithful and same genuine product / service’ by changing their logo. One excellent example is that of Amazon which upgraded from a simple and dull ‘A’ symbol to a more smiling and attractive one.
Another perfect example is Pepsi:
Tell us your story!