User roles determine the access level or permissions of a person authorized (invited by an Administrator) to use a WordPress.com site.
- Administrator – nothing is off limits
- Editor – has access to all posts, pages, comments, categories, tags, and links.
- Author – can write, upload photos to, edit, and publish their own posts.
- Contributor – has no publishing or uploading capability, but can write and edit their own posts until they are published
- Follower (public sites) / Viewer (private sites only) – can read and comment on posts and pages
Follow this step by step tutorial to publish your first WordPress post! Happy Blogging 🙂