Toasted questions for the soon to–be bride & groom
You are the to - be bride or the groom? Love is in the air? Everything might be pinky winky, lovely, showery! Of course it should be - you deserve to! But ...
Marriage is not always rainbows and butterflies, it's about compromise and more ...
After having google over some wedding related sites, hereunder is a list of questions that people tying the knot might want to ask each other... not to say the family wants to confirm. 😉 The situation may vary depending on the relationship you already have with your life partner and it might feel real rubbish if you already know your partner in and out! But the situation is not the same for every to - be bride and groom.
A word of caution: Readers might feel like being in a job interview at some point. 🤣🤣 give it a try. If it has been somehow awkward for the reader bride to ask her reader beau and vice versa, you might get things done by sharing this post!
Enjoy and please add your list of questions with a comment!
Sneak peek into your partner’s past
Past is what makes or breaks your present and future. To know about the habits of your to - be partner 👸🤵🏾and whatever might affects the latter you got to somehow observe and be a psychologist for some moment. Take your time, be honest and keep it positive. Better be aware, share your feelings and thoughts than be sorry later by saying “I didn’t know” – You never asked!
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
- If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
- Do you feel your childhood was happier than most other people’s?
- What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
- What is your most treasured memory?
- What is your most terrible memory?
- Have you been in a relationship before? Then how it ended?
Whatever the past …it’s gone! Today what matters is you and Mr/ Mrs! So the next step is have a discussion over a dinner, celebrate and meet with your friends (both parties). Make the most of the moment and please don't make it feel like in a boardroom meeting scheduled to ask questions. Make it fun, add some rounds of "Truth & Dare"🤼🤼🤼 and singing and dancing!
- What would constitute the perfect life for you?
- Would you like to be famous? In what way?
- Which places have you traveled / lived? Why?
- Name three things you and me appear to have in common.
- If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything?
- Is there something that you’ve dreamt of doing for a long time?
- What makes you angry? How do you express anger?
- What is your concept of marriage?
- How do you feel about your family relationship?
- When did you last cry in front of another person?
- A disturbing fact, event or a blank feeling?
- What are your expectations of marriage?
- I know Love is to accept someone as he/ she is. Still we are going to live together, forever. So, anything you want me to improve in myself?
Know and understand your partner’s aspiration/ your future
Great! We are over the past and present – let’s look forward! We know each other somehow – but yes there is a petty thing I don’t like about her, there is a petty thing I didn’t appreciate about him…You are not going to get anyone Perfect – neither are you looking for someone who is a carbon copy of yourself; set aside the complains, there’s so much more! Do not make it so boring, adventure lovers – there cannot be a better adventure than marriage! It does have some surprises good and bad … “You can paint a pretty picnic but you can't predict the weather.”
Family and House
- How many members are there in your family?
- Are there any members that you are not in really good relationship or not seeing each other?
- How close are you with the members of your family?
- Do you live along with family members or in the same location?
- Do you prefer to have our own house after marriage or live together with other members?
- How many children you think we will have?
- According to you what makes a perfect mother/ father?
- How do you spend money?
- What do you highlight as needy things and not important things?
- Do you have any debts now? If so, how are you making progress to eliminate them?
- How do you think your life will change after marriage?
- What if tomorrow you say you want to remarry someone else because I have a sort of illness?
- Do you have any health problem or allergy?
- Are you willing to take a physical exam by a physician before marriage?
- How do you support your own health and nutrition?
- What is your understanding of an (your religion/ belief) marriage?
- What are you expecting of your spouse, religiously?
- What is your relationship between yourself and the (your religious) community in your area?
- Are you volunteering in any religious activities?
- Who are your role models?